Directly employing Medipin or pertaining to the application of pinprick
The Summary Argument: Logical application of cutaneous pinprick sensibility as a screening device for diabetic peripheral neuropathy: overlooked, undervalued and critical in redefining a clinically significant threshold for protective sensation.
2. Methods of treating postherpetic neuralgia with a topical formulation of a spiro-oxindole compound Fetell; Michael; (Miami Beach, FL) ; Malamut; Richard; (Rose Valley, PA) ; Lamson; Michael J.; (Cary, NC) ; Spiegelstein; Ofer; (Ramat Hasharon, IL) ; Goldberg; Yigal Paul; (Vancouver, CA) ; Price; Nicola Anne; (Qualicum Beach, CA) (2016) United States Patent Application No. US20160228354 A1
3. Proposal for The Demonstration of an Analogue Scale to Quantify Deficit and Refine The Identification of a Protective Sensory Threshold to Pinprick in Patients With Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy in the Rapid Primary Care Setting. Jacobs BL 2016 Research Proposal DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.13225.19049
4. Project: The viability of home testing for earlier detection of loss of protective sensation in patients with diabetes and are we wedded to the 10g monofilament to do it? Jacobs BL 2016. Pub. Research Gate; https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308549590_ Working Paper DOI: 10.13140/RG.2.2.16580.63368
6. The Relationship Between Diaphragmatic Breathing And Lumbopelvic Control In Physically Active Patients With And Without Chronic Low Back Pain. Blaire A. Wyatt, B.S. (2015) A Thesis Submitted To The Graduate Council Of Texas State University In Partial Fulfillment Of The Requirements For The Degree Of Master Of Science With A Major In Athletic Training.
8. Causes, Management and Understanding: History And Physical Examination. Squire P and Pereira J. (2013) Neuropathic Pain, ed. Cory Toth and Dwight E. Moulin. Published by Cambridge University Press. Cambridge University Press 2013. Ch1 pp 99-13.
10. The Pediatric-Modified Total Neuropathy Score: A Reliable And Valid Measure Of Chemotherapy-Induced Peripheral Neuropathy In Children With Non-CNS Cancers. Gilchrist L & Tanner L. (2013) Supportive Care in Cancer Volume 21, Issue 3, pp 847-856.
13. Combined Spinal Epidural Vs Epidural Labour Analgesia: Does Initial Intrathecal Analgesia Reduce the Subsequent Minimum Local Analgesic Concentration Of Epidural Bupivacaine? Patel S et al. (2012). Anaesthesia, Volume 67, Issue 6, pp 584–593
14. Use Of A Temporary Forearm Tourniquet For Intravenous Regional Anaesthesia: A Randomised Controlled Trial. Fletcher S et al. (2011) European Journal of Anaesthesiology Volume 28 - Issue 2 - p 133–136
15. A Double Blind Comparison Of The Variability Of Block Levels Assessed Using A Hand Help Neurotip Or A Neuropen At Elective Caesarean Section Under Spinal Anaesthesia. Shirgaonkar A, Purva M, Russell, I. (2010) International Journal of Obstetric Anesthesia 19, pp 61–66
16. Quantitative Sensory Testing and Mapping: A Review of Non-automated Quantitative Methods for Examination of the Patient With Neuropathic Pain. Walk D et al. (2009) Clinical Journal of Pain: Volume 25 - Issue 7 - pp 632-640
18. Comprehensive Foot Examination and Risk Assessment: A report of the Task Force of the Foot Care Interest Group of the American Diabetes Association, with endorsement by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists, Boulton et al, (2008) Diabetes Care, Volume 31, Number 8, August 2008
20. Refined diagnosis of diabetic peripheral neuropathy with enhanced pinprick perception using novel single-use precision instrument design and technique . Jacobs B, Lewis D. Presented at the Global Diabetic Foot Conference. March 23, 2006, Los Angeles, USA.
22. Cutaneous Pinprick Sensibility As A Screening Device – Part 2: Enhanced Diagnosis Of Diabetic Peripheral Neuropathy Using Refined Technique And Dedicated Single-Use Precision Technology. Jacobs B. (2006) Diabetic Microvascular Complications Today July/August 2006 pp 33-36.
23. Value of pinprick in finding peripheral neuropathy in diabetes mellitus patients. Jacobs B, Lewis D. Presented at the World Family Doctor Association, WONCA Europe Regional Conference. June 18-21, 2003. Ljubljana, Slovenia.
24. The North-West Diabetes Foot Care Study: Incidence Of, And Risk Factors For New Diabetic Foot Ulceration In A Community Based Patient Cohort; Abbott CA, Carrington AL, Ashe H et al; 2002, Diabet Med 19: 377–384)